Welcome to SS-Mobile!
Effective date: December 1, 2022
S-Mobile Group LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the SS-Mobile mobile application (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
When you use our various Services you voluntarily give us personal information (e.g., name, email, birth date, age, phone number and, when necessary, billing information) and you are not anonymous to us. That means your name and photo (if you choose to provide them) will be visible to other SS-Mobile users. When you install the SS-Mobile App, you’ll also be asked to allow us access to your mobile device’s address book. A copy of the phone numbers and names of all your contacts (whether they’re SS-Mobile members or not – but only name and phone number) will be collected and stored on our servers in order for us to be able to enable you and your contacts to connect.
When you access the Service with a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data (“Usage Data”).
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Tracking Cookies Data
– Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
– Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
– Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
S-Mobile Group LLC uses the collected data for various purposes:
– To provide and maintain our Service
– To notify you about changes to our Service
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
– To provide customer support
– To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
– To monitor the usage of our Service
– To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
S-Mobile Group LLC may process your Personal Data because:
– We need to perform a contract with you
– You have given us permission to do so
– The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
– To comply with the law
Retention of Data
S-Mobile Group LLC will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Disclosure of Data
S-Mobile Group LLC may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
– To comply with a legal obligation
– To protect and defend the rights or property of S-Mobile Group LLC
– To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
– To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
– To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. S-Mobile Group LLC aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:.
– The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
– The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
– The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
– The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
– The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
–The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where S-Mobile Group LLC relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
– By email: [email protected]